Announcing the FREE “QGIS for Newbies” Quantum GIS Tutorial
Announcing my FREE Newbies Quantum GIS Tutorial…
* How to download and install QGIS.
* How to open GIS air photos and maps in QGIS.
* How to zoom in and out, query, measure…
* How to interpret a GIS map.
* and more…
* 2 hours 20 minutes of closed captioned (subtitled) video
* Video transcripts
* Study notes
* Sample dataset
I hope you’ll join me in my simple and practical approach to teaching GIS. Just enter a name and email in the box to the side and I send you your login details.
Lookout for an email from me with “Please confirm your subscription to the FREE QGIS For Newbies eCourse” in the subject line. Check your spam folder if you cant find your email from me in the next few minutes.
The signup form for the FREE “Quantum GIS for Newbies” eCourse is just to the right ->.
I have wanted to teach an online introduction to GIS (Geographical Information Systems) course for some time now. Over the last year there has been a technological “perfect storm” and the obstacles that stood in the way have now disappeared…
- The GIS’s I considered teaching were not user-friendly enough, were flakey, or too expensive.
- The internet was too slow for the full multi-media experience I was hoping to achieve.
- The desktop software to create the multi-media experience was not quite there.
- The computer hardware was not quite there.
- The membership website software was not quite there.
- The “cloud” was not quite there.
You can tell a lot from the shapes in a map, and air photos are not just pretty pictures!