FREE Quantum GIS Tutorial
By Ian Allan
Announcing my FREE Newbies Quantum GIS Tutorial …
* How to download and install QGIS.
* How to open GIS air photos and maps in QGIS.
* How to zoom in and out, query, measure…
* How to interpret a GIS map.
* and more…
* 2 hours 20 minutes of downloadable closed captioned (subtitled) video.
* Downloadable video transcripts
* Downloadable study notes
* Downloadable sample dataset
* Videos are hosted in two places. If the high-resolution on-screen version is too slow then you can download the amazon hosted low-resolution version.
I hope you’ll join me in my simple and practical approach to teaching GIS. Just enter your name and email in the box to the side and I’ll send you your login details for my Quantum GIS tutorial.
Lookout for an email from me with “Please CLICK THE LINK to confirm your subscription to the FREE QGIS For Newbies eCourse” in the subject line. Check your spam folder if you cant find your email from me in the next few minutes.
The signup form for the FREE “Quantum GIS for Newbies” eCourse is just to the right ->.
I have wanted to teach an online introduction to GIS (Geographical Information Systems) course for a long time now. Over the last year there has been a technological “perfect storm” and the obstacles that stood in the way have now disappeared…
- The GIS’s I considered teaching were not user-friendly enough, they were flakey, or they were too expensive.
- The internet was too slow for the full multi-media experience I was hoping to give you.
- The desktop software to create the multi-media experience was not quite good enough.
- The computer hardware was not quite powerful enough.
- The membership website software was not quite there.
- The “cloud” was not quite there.
You can tell a lot from the shapes in a map, and air photos are not just pretty pictures!